home         how it works         my ideas         help         hud.gov

Ideas? Feedback? Let us know right here.

Hey there. Welcome to Switchboard, where you have the opportunity to help us help HUD help you. First time on the site? Here’s how it works. Questions, comments? Write us at switchboard@hud.gov and we’ll get back to you right away.

Have an awesome idea?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. HUD@work banner

When photos are included in the homepage banner, it would be lovely if the person(s) and/or event was identified. For example, today there is a picture of Sec. Ben Carson with 3 other people. I have no idea who they are and would like to know what the photo was commemorating.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  public affairs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • New HUD@Work hides menu bar

The new HUD@Work hides the menu bar. It's confusing and denigrates important links, such as the HUD Library link.

3 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
      • I would like to see HUD's Mission statement on HUD@Work home page.

I would like to see HUD's Mission Statement on HUD@Work home page. It will serve as a reminder of our mission at HUD.

10 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          under review  ·  0 comments  ·  public affairs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Position descriptions for all HUD Positions should be posted on HUD@work. Presently, employees have to request a copy of their PD from HR.

Positions descriptions should be available for all employees on HUD@work. Presently, employees must request their PD from HR. HR is only allowed to distribute the current PD to the employee and not allowed to distribute any other PD's. This practice needs to change.

150 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
          • Update "History" on HUD's website

I think that HUD should improve the HUD History page on its website and the HUD interactive timeline linked to the webpage celebrating HUD’s 50 year anniversary to acknowledge and recognize the federal government’s role in residential segregation. FHEO sponsored a fantastic speakers series, available by webcast, entitled “The Problem We All Live With: Residential Segregation and the Implications for Urban Policy” that highlighted the federal government’s role in residential segregation. One of the speakers emphasized the importance of the federal government owning up to its past discrimination and role in residential segregation. At a minimum, I believe the historical…

14 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              1 comment  ·  public affairs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sorry that it has been a long time since hearing from Switchboard on this. As you know, HUD will be moving into a new and exciting strategic direction. With that comes changes in policies, processes and procedures. Switchboard is no different. We are moving all ideas from the Coming 20xx queues to Under Review. These ideas will be evaluated with fresh eyes. Please be patient as we are managing all of ideas with our new vetting process. We will provide feedback to you as soon as possible.

• 24 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                1 comment  ·  public affairs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Feedback and Knowledge Base