home         how it works         my ideas         help         hud.gov

Ideas? Feedback? Let us know right here.

Hey there. Welcome to Switchboard, where you have the opportunity to help us help HUD help you. First time on the site? Here’s how it works. Questions, comments? Write us at switchboard@hud.gov and we’ll get back to you right away.

Have an awesome idea?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Reinstate contracted Mail Clerks as HUD employees in order to save the additional expense of paying a contracting agency to employ them.

Additionally it would save employee hours spent by those who are deemed the oversight supervisors on site. Mail Clerks fill permanent positions providing a service that will always be needed; as regular employees their service could be extended to cover a broader range of duties as well, without the lengthy and costly process of contractual changes and renewals.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  chief procurement officer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • HIAMS is a procurement/contracting system. HIAMS was designed to be a software system that was to automate the “review” and “approval” pro

Specifically, there are many processes i.e. “goodness checks” and unplanned action requests, reviews of J&As, etc. that occur before an action is put into HIAMS. This has delayed the program offices ability to route a contract action. For example, the program office must ask for a “goodness” check of their IGCE from OCPO through an email prior to putting an unplanned action into HIAMS. Once they receive email concurrence from OCPO on the “goodness check”, this unplanned action request again via email must be requested to the POC of the program office. Once the POC reviews the email request, it…

234 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        You have left! (?) (thinking…)
        11 comments  ·  chief procurement officer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sorry that it has been a long time since hearing from Switchboard on this. As you know, HUD will be moving into a new and exciting strategic direction. With that comes changes in policies, processes and procedures. Switchboard is no different. We are moving all ideas from the Coming 20xx queues to Under Review. These ideas will be evaluated with fresh eyes. Please be patient as we are managing all of ideas with our new vetting process. We will provide feedback to you as soon as possible.

Feedback and Knowledge Base