home         how it works         my ideas         help         hud.gov

Have an awesome idea?

Independent review of hiring Selections or transfers

Without going into huge detail on a internal forum. I think there needs to be independent look at the hiring/transferring of employees.

As, I sit here and write this I remember more and more why I'm interviewing at other agencies.

When an employee can easily look at linkedin, facebook and others site and draw a direct connection to the selection or transfer of an employee to a position there is something wrong. It brings distrust in the selection process and the agency heads that hire or transfer these individuals in.

In my department alone, within the last year the Senior Management has admitted they are at a learning curve and do not know the position. Then the supervisor that they have hired need the staff to keep rotating managerial duties for 3 to 6 months will they help train new boss on the job.

I know that the hiring process has been contracted out. But, this can be an additional step by HR with a 1 week response timeframe to ensure that the lines are not blurred.

5 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anthonyanthony shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Elfreda JonesElfreda Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The hiring process is through a shared services contract with Treasury, but well before the shared services mandate to contract out services to other agencies for cost saving measure there was an issue with the hiring/selection process within the agency.

Feedback and Knowledge Base