home         how it works         my ideas         help         hud.gov

Have an awesome idea?

Provide an opportunity for local personnel to attend HUD locally sponsored training

Consider providing local personnel the opportunity to attend “no cost” training hosted and/or sponsored by program areas outside of the employee’s functional area. Oftentimes when local training sessions are held, the employee at the local site has no idea that the training is taking place. Since almost all of what we do is interrelated with other program areas to some degree, it would serve HUD well to announce the sessions and provide employees with the opportunity to attend those sessions. This would provide the employee with better knowledge and understanding of other program areas and may be useful during communication and cross collaboration. In addition, the training could provide the employee with additional skills that may be needed to enhance a lateral move into another career field or to apply for a detail. Not only does this benefit HUD, but it also provides the employee. Win-Win – Knowledge is Power.

15 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)