home         how it works         my ideas         help         hud.gov

Have an awesome idea?

Cardio Equipment in the Empty Cafeteria Space by the Windows

The empty cafeteria space is sitting idle and not being used! Put cardio equipment by the windows and allow staff to use the machines for free. The machines can be set up by the windows and have a great view of L'Enfant plaza's open space. This will lead to an energized work force and higher productivity rates. Clayton Homes in Knoxville, TN has a free state-of-the-art gym for their employees - why can't we do something similar? Instead of always finding a way to say "no," come up with a solution to get to "yes."

6 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Teresa PayneTeresa Payne shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ricky CueRicky Cue commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to clarify what space the writer is referring to? The cafeteria space with tables and chairs that run from the north side entry backdoor to the south side entry past the Brooke Mondale auditorium, is used everyday, by employee and vendors alike. Putting exercise equipment in this area would force the folks who use the space for what was intended (eat lunch and meet) to leave the building.

• Bryan HerdliskaBryan Herdliska commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And now that we have an MD Secretary, this may be a great time to advocate for a healthier workforce. Perhaps we could even be allowed a few hours a week to workout on the clock. This was denied by the last Dep Sec.

Feedback and Knowledge Base