home         how it works         my ideas         help         hud.gov

Have an awesome idea?

WiFi Access for HUD Staff

As we go about our days we are challenged to perform at a certain level and always be cognizant about the use of technology in our work environment. It would be so convenient if we had access to WiFi which would allow us to move about in our job space with our laptop computers. Group interaction would be easy as well as using our technology in a shared space without depending upon other equipment in the office that may or may not be available. If you took a poll, I am sure all of my HUD peers would be in favor of having WiFi access in our work spaces.

348 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Barbara L. Finch shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Based upon the feedback we’ve received from HUD employees, OCIO is improving the way we work with the installation of Wi-Fi throughout the agency. Beginning with the Robert C. Weaver Building in Washington, this upgrade will allow employees to connect, communicate, and collaborate whether at their desk or in a meeting. OCIO staff and contractors have completed a comprehensive Wi-Fi site survey to identify the ideal locations where hardware will be installed.
    “As we re-imagine the way HUD works, we thought it was a no-brainer to bring a technology into our workplace that we’ve come to depend upon everywhere else,” said Chief Operating Officer David Eagles. “Bringing Wi-Fi to our people will allow us to do our jobs better by connecting us to the people and places we serve."
    Follow progress on the Weaver Building WiFi survey and all IT projects, visit http://ITupdates.hud.gov/roadmap

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...

Feedback and Knowledge Base