home         how it works         my ideas         help         hud.gov

Ideas? Feedback? Let us know right here.

Hey there. Welcome to Switchboard, where you have the opportunity to help us help HUD help you. First time on the site? Here’s how it works. Questions, comments? Write us at switchboard@hud.gov and we’ll get back to you right away.

Have an awesome idea?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow for a longer period of time before archiving emails

Please allow for a longer period of time before archiving emails. 60 days is way too short for the type of work that our program areas do. I am an underwriter and my projects are rarely ever completed in 60 days. This wastes a TON of time trying to open every email individually. Perhaps allow a longer period of time for employees who have supervisory approval to archive later? I understand that archiving is important, but staff time should also be considered in making these decisions. We are always saying we need more staff, but if we provided our staff…

363 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      11 comments  ·  chief information officer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Allow access to webTA while outside of the office

It used to be that we could access webTA using a separate external link. When we switched to the new system with Treasury it ceased to function. There are times when we need to look at our leave, put in leave, validate T&A, etc. when out of the office and do not have access to the network. Please provide a way to access webTA externally.

324 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I agree that this is majorly annoying—a less-than-ideal side effect of the recent webTA functionality upgrade. I didn’t know about the mobile apps, though. We’ll pass this along to our IT folks to see if that’s something that might be able to be turned on. Stay tuned!

• Please fix VPN so it is compatible with Macs.

The ability to remote in to your computer via VPN currently doesn't work with Macs ever since card readers became required. Card readers only work for PC and so Mac users are force to use the outdated HUDMoble for telework. Please fix this.

36 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • WiFi Access for HUD Staff

As we go about our days we are challenged to perform at a certain level and always be cognizant about the use of technology in our work environment. It would be so convenient if we had access to WiFi which would allow us to move about in our job space with our laptop computers. Group interaction would be easy as well as using our technology in a shared space without depending upon other equipment in the office that may or may not be available. If you took a poll, I am sure all of my HUD peers would be in…

333 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            7 comments  ·  public & indian housing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your idea! As this involves both IT and working conditions, we’ll have to talk this one out with our unions and tech folks. Stay tuned!

• Resource for HUD Interagency (PHA/Management Agent) Complaint Resolution

I am proposing a shared communication resource that would also serve as a tracking mechanism for PIH and Multi-family (and others too) to be able to access the same tool through SharePoint/Access to track the status of customer complaints. Since HUD and our external customers/partners often spend a great deal of time working together to resolve customer complaints, everyone involved needs to know its status. I propose a system that would send a dated notification to our external customer/partner about an issue; include details of the issue; and assign responsibility. Then the partner would receive an alert, respond back via…

94 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              1 comment  ·  public & indian housing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Assess and improve 508 training and resources

HUD has provided some 508 training and resources but I think it would be more useful if we provide future training and resource planning based on what the program offices need. Getting representatives from each office (both field and HQ) to let us know what their most pressing needs are regarding 508 compliance could help prioritize what specific support needs to be provided. For example, maybe we would find that one office needs 1-2 staff to receive thorough 508 training so they can spearhead 508 efforts in their office on an ongoing basis, but other offices may only need occasional…

25 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Active Desktop Software License Management

We need the capability to manage desktop software that is not part of the standard desktop configuration. In many cases software is installed on computers that is not being utilized while others who need the applications cannot get a copy to do their work. In addition, software is most likely purchased while there are licenses tied up that are not being used. If an application has not been used for six months then it should be uninstalled so it could be used by others.

29 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  0 comments  ·  chief information officer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base