home         how it works         my ideas         help         hud.gov

Ideas? Feedback? Let us know right here.

Hey there. Welcome to Switchboard, where you have the opportunity to help us help HUD help you. First time on the site? Here’s how it works. Questions, comments? Write us at switchboard@hud.gov and we’ll get back to you right away.

Have an awesome idea?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Upgrade Telework VPN

Teleworkers lose a lot of time saving Microsoft Word and Excel and Adobe Reader PDF files on the network drives because the VPN network is so extremely slow and crashes often. Historically, HUD has paid about $100 million per year for the HITS contract. Why can't we get high-quality state of the art computer and network equipment from the IT contractors?

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  facilities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Put President Trump/VP Pence/Secretary Carson pictures up on wall

As a strong supporter of all three men, it would be appreciated by many if proper respect was given to this Administration, specifically President Trump. We work on behalf of the taxpayers and report to Secretary Carson and President Trump. Please post President Trump, VP Pence and Secretary Carson pictures on the walls like you have done with past administrations.

42 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        2 comments  ·  facilities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The White House has not yet provided GPO with the official portrait of the President and Vice President. When GPO receives that photo, they will print copies to distribute to federal agencies. At this point no federal buildings have official portraits hanging up. The portraits will be hung up as soon as we receive them.

• 6 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          0 comments  ·  facilities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Cardio Equipment in the Empty Cafeteria Space by the Windows

The empty cafeteria space is sitting idle and not being used! Put cardio equipment by the windows and allow staff to use the machines for free. The machines can be set up by the windows and have a great view of L'Enfant plaza's open space. This will lead to an energized work force and higher productivity rates. Clayton Homes in Knoxville, TN has a free state-of-the-art gym for their employees - why can't we do something similar? Instead of always finding a way to say "no," come up with a solution to get to "yes."

10 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            3 comments  ·  facilities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Replace Keys with Keypads on Doors?

This will save money by eliminating purchasing new keys and easier to change locks.

1 vote
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              needs more information  ·  0 comments  ·  facilities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Please Ban the Use of E-Cigarettes in-side HUD Offices

I recently discovered that a fellow HUD employee has been smoking e-cigarettes in his cubicle and we share an office space. It took 2 months for me to discovered this. When I found out I informed the building administrator who told me that this employee has previously been advised not to do so but that there are no clear policy prohibiting the use of e-cigarettes in-side HUD offices. E-cigarettes emits an odorless vapor that contains nicotine and several states and Federal employers have already adopted rules to ban its use in the work place. I am pregnant and I find…

191 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                4 comments  ·  facilities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                Under review.  ·  jay responded

Apologies for the delay on this one. Just wanted to let y’all know that we’re still looking into this, and hoping to get you a more helpful update soon. :)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base